The number one reason functional medicine practitioners and other wellness business owners reach out to me is that they know they need to up their social media game, but they don’t know where to start. Developing a successful social media marketing strategy begins with a social media audit. This audit will help you determine what platforms to focus on, how often to post, what time to post and what resources are available to you so you can achieve maximum results with minimal time and money.
The audit begins by answering these questions:
- Are you currently using social media?
- Who is responsible for managing your social media accounts?
- How much time per week/month are you spending creating and posting content?
- What platforms are you using? How are they performing for you?
- Who is your ideal patient? Have you created an ideal patient profile?
- Do the platforms you are using (or plan to use) maximize your opportunity to connect to your ideal patents?
- How many times per day/month are you posting?
- What are your posting goals?
- Are you using a social media content calendar?
These questions help us create a manageable social media marketing strategy. Most practitioners fall into one of the following categories:
- I have not started building social media accounts for my practice.
- I have social media accounts built, but we do not post regularly.
- I have social media accounts built, we post, but we lack strategy.
- I am doing well on maintaining our current social media efforts, I am ready to take things to the next level.
Do one of those statements sound like you? No matter the category you fall, having a clear, measurable strategy can save you a significant amount of time and money.
As a wellness business owner, it makes me absolutely crazy to see what some social media management companies are charging for this service! According to The Content Factory:
“Depending on the experience level of the social media management agency you hire, the size of your business, the suite of services you require, and a bunch of other factors, professional social media marketing can cost you anywhere from $1,000 per month to $20,000 per month.”
The social media marketing industry insists that “you get what you pay for” in terms of results, but most marketing agencies that charge the above fees are not often familiar with the wellness industry and are frequently off track or out of touch with what we do. Their results do not justify the investment because they either fail to bring in new patients or they bring in the wrong types of patients.
Vitality Consultants, LLC posts EVERY SINGLE DAY at optimal times with branded campaign posts for our practitioners for $180/month. That is HALF of what your “lowest end” marketing companies charge. For practitioners or small teams that have the time and resources to manage their own accounts, we work directly with them on an affordable, hourly basis to develop a DIY strategy.
If you are ready to move the ball on your social media strategy, complete the audit above and contact us to schedule a free 30-minute strategy session. By the end of our call, you will know what platforms to focus on, how often to post, what time to post and what resources to use to achieve maximum results!